Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We were too busy having fun to take pictures...

Saturday was my "friends" shower. It was overwhelming and wonderful and joyous and exhausting all at the same time. I compare it to how I felt at our wedding... everywhere I looked there was someone that I love and care for. But it feels so disconcerting because my brain isn't used to my PR friends being in the same room as my college friends who are in the same room as Dave's friends who are sitting next to my Mom.

The shower started perfectly because Dave, Mary and Julie sent everyone upstairs where I was showing Cat's Mom the nursery. Collecting everyone upstairs meant only ONE trip upstairs for me, thank goodness!

We had delicious sandwiches and salads followed by a couple of games followed by gifts followed by delicious strawberry shortcake and carrot cake followed by more gifts followed by the afterglow.

Mary and Julie put on a most amazing party, an event I won't soon forget.

We were too busy to take pictures, apparently, because Mary and I are both kicking ourselves for not being better shutterbugs. Oh well... Here is a slideshow of what we do have!

Thanks again, everyone. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, caring and generous people in my life.


1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

You forgot to mention the very tasty mackinac island fudge cake from Arnies:-)

Good to see you and baby cute.