Tuesday, September 25, 2007

News from the homefront.

David is done with his work at the testing center for a while, so he is chief cook and bottlewasher at home. He just called to report that he installed the car seat this morning. He is taking it to be inspected by the car seat experts at the hospital today. The national statistics are that 8 of 10 car seats are installed improperly. Fascinating, huh?

BBC had a super active night yesterday. He must love Prison Break's Michael Skofield (Wentworth Miller) as much as I do. And he must know that his Daddy's favorite show, Heroes, had its season premiere last night. There was some major baby booty squirming going on in my abdomen. And when I needed to just CRY and get some of this mommy-to-be anxiety off my chest before going to sleep last night, BBC was as active as ever. I'm his Mommy. Dave is his Daddy. We're going to be fine.

I feel much better today. Our last childbirth class is tonight. My to-do list at work is shrinking slowly, yet steadily. I find myself easily distracted by thoughts of sitting in my glider rocker with a baby on my lap singing him lullabies. I can practice by going here.

So much more to say, but not a lot of time for blogging today.

2 comments:

CorgiLand said...

for some reason whenever i read "BBC" i think of very comedy with accents. hmmm...

AlexisAnne said...

who needs to know the real lyrics for lullabyes...I just make them up as I go along! My favorite is "please go to sleep little baby...you're driving your mama crazy....please go to sleep little baby....you're driving your mama crazy"
we also have dinner time songs which are usually some variation of "yummy yummy yummy in your tummy tummy tummy...."
it was nice to know that there are more than 2 verses to hush little baby...I usually get stumped around the part about the looking glass and start over. :)