Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Embracing the Emotions.

It is getting so much easier to cry these days. Warning! I am about to whine, so prepare yourself or don't read. I make no apologies for the hormonal nature of this post.

Yesterday at my PRSA luncheon the topic was the Pure Michigan campaign. I love those ads, they make me proud to live in Michigan. Well, I had myself all teared up listening to them. Silly preggo.

This morning was going well. I was driving Dave to work, teasing him mercilessly because: 1. He didn't realize that kids probably don't get suckers at the pediatrician's office anymore, what with our obesity "epidemic" and all. Dave's world was rocked, and he is seriously considering buying his own stock of dum-dum lollipops so he and Baby Cute can enjoy a sucker after getting shots. I found this hilarious. And, 2. Dave forgot his 64 oz. monstrosity of a cup at work yesterday in his hurry to get us to childbirth class on time. When he realized this in the Speedway parking lot today, you would have thought someone had died. He was SO upset. The lesson? Don't mess with my sensitive sweetie and his soda.

Anyway, we come to a stoplight, Dave points out this motorcycle cop who has been sitting at this intersection every day this week and I literally think NOTHING of it when he pulls behind me into the left turn lane. I'm shocked when we turn left and he pulls me over. Well, the 25mph school zone speed limit sign was flashing and I was going the REGULAR speed limit, 40mph. Yeah, BS. So as I watch him write me a ticket I burst into tears again. Dave wants to confront the officer and give him a piece of his mind, which only makes me more upset. This makes Dave get cranky and angry with me, again, NOT HELPING MY EMOTIONAL STATE. I may decide to fight the ticket, but right now, I'm just upset about it and the prospect of spending more money that we should be saving.

As we pull away, I realize this has put me just enough behind in schedule that I will surely have to park in the parking ramp at work, a pretty hefty walk to my building. And I have an OB appointment this morning, so I will have to do the walk potentially 4 times today. *sigh*

I just keep crying.

Then I get email from my Mom that explains to my siblings that they no longer have to avoid telling me about my Mom's trip to Connecticut next week to help Melanie and Rob move. My Mom and I talked about it last night, but seeing it in email today made me (shocker) cry. It's my middle child syndrome, but I hate being left out of things. The combination of not being able to help Melanie move myself and the fact that everyone thought I would flip out about my Mom being out of state close to my due date is keeping my tears flowing this morning.

And my co-workers are having a meeting at noon today about a group trip to Traverse City next week that I obviously can not attend. We are hosting a national conference there next June and the group is going to scope out the tour routes and facilities and make plans for the conference program. Again, I HATE being left out of things. So that's making my tears flow too.

And I have to leave for my OB appointment in a half hour or so and I am all charged up and even talking out loud makes me cry. So how am I supposed to compose myself enough to listen to BBC's heartbeat and have my blood pressure taken?

I'm feeling sort of spinny and out of control today. Not a whole lot I can do about it, just how I'm feeling.

2 comments:

freerange karma said...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Tell Dave 1. Kids still get suckers at the doctors office, 2. siblings also get suckers when they behave themselves during the appointment, 3. the baby will get most of his shots when he is too young to have a sucker!!! Don't let one bad morning get you down!!! That cop is a jerk!!! Who gives a crying pregnant lady a ticket???