Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sawing logs.

My throat is SO swollen this morning! Dave kindly informed me that I snored like a trucker all night long, but he didn't want to wake me up because I wake myself up enough during the night with my need to pee and change positions. I feel like I can barely swallow, ugh. I'm not the quietest sleeper, but I'm sure that the growing weight of BBC on my abdomen had something to do with my newfound ability to wake the dead.

Poor Dave...

I felt pretty odd yesterday afternoon. Off, really. I was light-headed and having a lot of trouble breathing on and off. All normal symptoms and nothing to be concerned about, but I've been spoiled by feeling excellent. My secretary Barb got all worried about me, standing in my office with my arms raised above my head, breathing deeply, but really I'm fine. I did call in to the baby store and officially changed my availability to just Sundays. 15-hour days were hard enough before I was pregnant; it's time to say enough is enough. So I napped instead of assisting people with their baby purchases last night.

I also did my first load of baby laundry. All of his onesies, his 'take me home' outfit, socks and hats have all been through our sexy washing machine. It was WEIRD... taking things out of packages and watching my huge washer toss around his little onesies. Dave finally had to call downstairs to see what I was doing and really, I was just staring through the window of the washer. Like I said, it was WEIRD. I know eventually we will be doing so much baby laundry that I'll look back and laugh at this post, but just like having a crib in my house felt odd, having baby clothes in my washer is disconcerting.

This weekend should be fun. Dave's co-worker (who he secretly worships because he is a master tailgater and holds season tickets for all of Dave's favorite teams) has two extra tickets to the MSU football game, so we are going to take Baby Cute to his first football game in utero. It seems appropriate because he will likely be too little and it will be too cold to take him to any other games this season. Might as well take him when he is constantly safe and warm and I don't have to worry about breastfeeding in a stadium.

Otherwise, we are laying low until BBC makes his official appearance. No travel plans, just spending as much time together as possible. Anticipating. Daydreaming. Staring at the washing machine. Whatever.

No comments: