Monday, September 17, 2007

No need to call the dentist.

I had the most graphic dream last night about my teeth falling out. When they came out of my mouth, though, they were these humongous, oversized teeth, not my own. I placed them in a large white porcelain cup on the sink. I remember gazing in the mirror and seeing so many missing teeth and being overcome with anxiety.

What did we do before the internet? Luckily, my weird and freaky dream is common.

From DreamSleep.net:
Dreaming of teeth falling out may represent insecurity. These dreams often occur at a time of transition between one phase of life and another. When we lost our milk teeth, we also gradually lost our childhood innocence. Loosing your teeth therefore show that today you have similar feelings of uncertainty and self-consciousness as you did in childhood.

Insecurity during a time of transition? Me? Well, DUH.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is crazy! I get those dreams too! Not all the time, but I've had several over the years... who knew there was an actual reason!

~Cat~