Monday, August 20, 2007

Tragedy is just two degrees away.

I work with a fabulous woman named Megghan. She is my age, but her life has been a topsy-turvy, up and down journey that makes me appreciate my semi-normal life. Megghan lost both of her parents while she was in college. She has one brother. He and his wife were expecting their first child this month. Megghan's not a big fan of kids, but she had done so much to help them prepare including making a scrapbook and custom designing baby shower invitations.

Megghan just stopped by to tell me that her brother and sister-in-law lost their baby last week. She was at full term, but apparently the baby's umbilical cord got pinched closed and the baby passed away. They went in for their regular appointment and the doctors knew something was wrong. She delivered their baby girl naturally and it doesn't appear to be genetic or anything other than a freak act of nature and God's will.

Baby Cute must know how upsetting this is to me, cause he is moving around, reminding me that some things are just meant to be, and some things are beyond our ability to understand or rationalize.

Megghan's family had a small service last week and seem to be doing very well. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I'm obviously shaken up, but ok.

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

Life can change in the blink of an eye. Thanks for the reminder to stay grounded and aware of our blessings.