Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Green Room.

Well, we surely own our home, but we hadn't had the opportunity to be do-it-yourselfers until this weekend. We've been lucky enough to have the expertise of our parents giving many helping hands along the way. To date, this has been an amazing blessing. But partially because I wanted to prove that we could, partially because I was having trouble finding curtains for the spare room and partially because I found a green color I love that just HAPPENS to match the pack n' play on our registry that I know will be spending most of its time in that room I was persuasive enough to convince David that we needed to paint the spare room.





We succeeded! From lemon yellow with flowery wallpaper border to a warm sagey "garden hedge" green in just an afternoon. Hooray!

The official "before" picture, taken before we moved in.


I insisted on covering the bed and table in case of paint "dust." David was kind enough to let me be a little crazy. Not a drop of anything on the bed or table.


David is cute AND he can reach the ceiling. Uh huh, adorable AND useful!


A nice peek at the "garden hedge" glory. I'll post more later when we re-load the room.

We really enjoyed ourselves. I'm a much better detail painter and enjoyed edging and touching up. David has delightfully long arms and much more experience with the roller thanks to 10 days of home improvement fun with his Mom before we moved in in January. We really enjoyed ourselves.

David worked on Saturday night, I worked until 4 today. I was attacked by strange children as David and I were rounding out our browsing through the boys' clothing section at the baby store. Well, strange until I saw his signature red hair and her mischievous grin. It was Mackie and Zoe, kiddos #1 and #3 of Petey and Corbie. Petey was our best man and has been David's best friend since high school. We spend a lot of time at Petey and Corbie's house and have learned a lot about childrearing and managing a big household from watching them.


So why were they at the baby store? I can't imagine. :) In the meantime, I'm extremely proud to report that I still haven't peeked at the registry. However, my co-worker Laura felt the need to taunt me by looking at it and saying nothing but "People REALLY love you. A lot." Well, I already knew that! Just 5 days until I see my sisters and family! Hooray!


We are keeping cool despite the thick humidity outside. Baby Cute is doing his best to come out via my belly button and my new favorite thing is having David talk to him and feel how excited he gets. This little boy loves his Daddy. But, I already knew that too.


Busy week ahead. International Equitation Science Symposium tomorrow (I know, you're jealous). Braces adjusted on Tuesday (oh goody). Working Wednesday and Wednesday night. Dave goes back to Pearson tomorrow. Time is flying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zoe's grin looks very different now, her tooth fell out in the van on the way home!!! I can't wait to see everything you guys have done to the house when I come down for the baby shower. It was great seeing you guys today, if only for a short period of time. We love you baby boy Scott!!!