Thursday, August 2, 2007

Slip Sliding Away.

I fell down my stairs this morning. I'm fine, so is Baby Cute. I'm going to have a lovely bruise on my tush by this evening, and yes, I promise to be more careful. I was pretty focused on getting to the Corn Pops in my cupboard when I slipped and made my way down on my backside. Gotta have my Pops.

Baby Cute is also apparently a hairy little beast because I have heartburn. I thought it was due to the delicious DeLuca's pizza David and I had this week, but after a harmless salad for lunch, I am reliving it in the most unpleasant way. It's becoming quite a trend. The ultrasound tech at LCC said she thought she saw some hair on our ultrasound, so I was wondering why I hadn't experienced more heartburn. I read last night that researchers at Harvard set out to disprove the hairy baby/heartburn relationship, but were surprised to find the two really did correspond. Hairy babies are good, right?

Baby Cute is a busy little guy these days. I used to stop what I was doing and sit with my hand on my belly while he did his acrobatics. That was no big deal when it was 2 or 3 times a day, but I am learning to work through his jazzercise sessions. Otherwise, I may never get anything done!

I worked late at the baby store yesterday, so I just slept until I woke up this morning. I feel significantly better, refreshed even (other than the pain in my a$$).

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and words for our family. Grandpa Casey is still in the hospital and is slowly accepting the fact that he'll have to do some long-term recovery in a nursing home. David is so glad he was able to spend time with him yesterday and plans to go back as often as possible. My Grandma Ebig is apparently also not the best patient and giving the hospital staff the business with all of her quirks. I wouldn't expect anything less. So no miraculous overnight recoveries, but progress is always good.

The highlight of David's week is learning that my Mom arranged for the woman who baked our wedding cake to make a cake for our shower on August 18. I don't think his Mom clued him in that we are also having an infamous Kalamazoo cake experience on Saturday, too. Let them eat cake in honor of Baby Cute!

1 comment:

freerange karma said...

No more falling!

*mad face*