Friday, August 31, 2007

Familiar, but unwelcome red streaks.

Baby Cute's acrobatics and increasing chubbiness have finally pushed my belly to a stretching point. I've been mindlessly scratching my belly lately and this morning I noticed the familiar sight of new stretch marks to the right of my belly button. Hello, old friends.


I've been a pretty consistent weight for the better part of 6 or 7 years now, so it's been a while since I've gotten new stretch marks. Time to break out the lotion and remind myself NOT to scratch. My maternity clothes are also becoming shorter and shorter in the front. Most things still fit just ok, but not EVERYTHING anymore. I can't help but wonder what will fit in another 3, 4, 5 or 6 weeks...



I think we're finally close to putting the finishing touches on the nursery... I ordered a rug from JC Penney and it is on its way to Baby Cute's room already. Here it is, in yellow of course. :)



And I think we're getting close to ordering some custom vinyl from Vinyl Attraction to complete the "You are my sunshine" theme. This will go over the changing table across from the crib...


It's also time to start talking about our "Birth Plan." You hear some varying opinions about birth plans. Some people joke that if you write one, the exact opposite happens. Others are strong advocates, saying it lets the hospital staff know that you are an informed consumer and know your options and rights. I'm pretty much in the middle--I don't know what's going to happen, and I know not to be too hung up on my "plan," but I know some things for sure:
  • NO students in my room, please. There are hundreds of babies born at Sparrow every week; the students can look at someone else's crotch.
  • I am open to pain medication and would like to know my options.
  • I would like move about freely during labor.
  • I would like to avoid having an IV unless my doctor feels it is necessary.
  • David would like to cut the cord, and we ask that it stops pulsing before it is cut.
  • I am planning to exclusively breastfeed; do not give my Baby Cute a bottle or pacifier.

My co-worker Beth asked me if I would be heading to Saginaw after dropping David off in Mt. Pleasant on Saturday and the thought hadn't entered my mind. Now that it's mulling around in there, I'm thinking I may really enjoy seeing my parents and my grandmas again before my travel is limited to a one-hour radius... We shall see... My days of having the car to myself and being able to travel on a whim are limited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No worries - NOTHING will fit in about 4-6 weeks. The last few are good times. =)

BUT it makes you feel skinny by comparison when the little being comes out! So there is your silver lining!

heeheehee