Wednesday, August 22, 2007

33 Weeks.

Just 7 weeks, folks.

I promise to do a nice, big, chatty update soon. I have pictures from the shower and from Baby Cute's first Detroit Tigers game yesterday. What I don't have is time. I'm off to Traverse City tomorrow right after our appointment with the nurse practitioner. I'm drowning at the office in both work and politics.

Baby Cute is a busy, busy boy. I love him more and more every day and am getting excited about being away from work for a while and focusing on my little guy, my big guy and my family in general. He's getting so big that I can wake him up by poking at him much more effectively now. He can also keep me awake at night with his acrobatics, so we're trying to co-exist peacefully in my body.

Tonight I am eating tomato sandwiches for dinner. I called into the baby store--I am RIGHT on the brink of the preggo emotional breakdown and absolutely exhausted. Sometimes, I come first.

Here are the weekly updates...

BabyCenter: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

BabyGaga: For all of the weight and bulk you’re lugging around these days, you’d think your little champ should weigh much more than a mere 5 lbs and measly 17 inches in height, but nope, that’s about the average size for a baby in its thirty-third week. In terms of appearances, they’re getting cuter and pudgier every minute as they pile on the baby fat for those adorable little wrist rolls and chubby toes. And as we’re sure you’ve already noticed they’re getting stronger with every passing day. Nowadays, it’s possible to observe a well-placed kick just by watching your belly—but you already knew that didn’t you? Although they’re getting stronger, your bigger-by-the-day baby is losing space to move around, so the actual rate of movement will drop off in the last few weeks, despite that powerful drop-kick they’ve been working on. Hey, did you know you’ll continue feeling their movements even during labor?

No comments: