Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Princess Flakes.



I love cereal. Namely--kid cereal. Cocoa puffs, corn pops, cinnamon toast crunch, cookie crisp, lucky charms, golden grahams. I'm typically pretty traditional in my choices and stick with my favorites. David is not a cereal fan and doesn't understand A) Why I must have 3-5 cereal choices at any point in time and B) Why I am 26 years old and refuse to eat grown-up cereal. During a recent half-price cereal sale at Meijer, I decided to go out on a limb and try something new. No, not a grown-up cereal, but Disney Princess Cereal. It didn't look that bad, kinda like frosted flakes, but pink. So I poured myself some cereal yesterday morning only to discover the actual name of the cereal was Disney Princess Fantasy Flakes. Who at Kellogg is snickering right now that they got "Princess Flakes" all the way to grocery store shelves? They weren't that good, but they did turn my milk a delightfully nuclear shade of neon pink, which I enjoyed drinking like strawberry quik.

Today I'm having corn chex.
Baby Cute is having a very active morning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--Pregnancy is WEIRD. Weird in a miraculous, cosmic, amazing way, but WEIRD nonetheless. Baby Cute isn't big enough for me to know for sure what body part I am feeling, but I definitely felt a shoulder, knee or some other large part this morning a couple of times. I think Baby Cute can sense how excited I am about our ultrasound this afternoon. I hope he/she is excited to show us his/her genitals. I can assure you that this will be the only time I will encourage my first-born to flash strangers.

Baby Cute is still pretty fickle and makes me sit still and put my hand on my belly for "false alarms" pretty often. As he/she gets bigger, I am feeling movement more often, but feeling it from the outside is still the most amazing thing to me. It makes me cry--happy tears, but tears nonetheless. My co-workers must think I am so weird. :)

Everyone keeps asking me how I am doing with the heat. I'm doing really well! I go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office--so I am coping well. Coming back to work yesterday was actually a relief for me as I am pushing myself pretty hard on weekends and end up exhausted and ready to sit still with my feet up and a fan blowing on me for 8 hours/day. I feel really good--great, even. I feel pregnant, yes, but this is the weirdest, most amazing experience I've ever had. There's plenty of time to be whiny and complain in the next three months or so... For right now, I feel all glowy and preggo and good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've read the "Princess Flakes" headline at least 15 times today!! I'm waiting for "It's A...?" I'm so excited for you guys to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! I always thought I'd want to wait to find out what my own would be, but if I can't even wait to know what your baby is I don't think I'll be able to!! I'll keep checking back!!
Good luck!
-Julie F

Anonymous said...

O.K. Natalie! I'm with Julie, it's almost 6 and I'm dying here!! Hope all is well!!
- Nadia