Friday, July 27, 2007

A chop, and good news.

I got my hair cut. I also didn't have my camera at home yesterday, so no pictures yet. It's short, much shorter than I had planned. But I was SO tired of looking in the mirror (which I do often because it's in front of the sink where I wash my hands 8 million times a day after I go to the bathroom) and feeling frumpy. I went to a new salon recommended by a coworker and got a great, short and sassy cut that takes significantly less time to dry/style and stopped making my face look fatter than it is. I will definitely go back to 'my' new stylist Kate. Given how crazy thick and lustrous my hair is right now thanks to my preggo hormones, it should grow out enough to pull back for my own personal "Labor Day" in October.

I also got confirmation that my duties at work will be shifting. This is GREAT news. I will no longer be a 50/50 split personality between animal and plant research, my focus will be on the plant side of things. It will be a slow transition because of my maternity leave and some interesting internal politics, but by next June at the very latest I will get promoted from a communications manager I to a comm. manager II and leave my animal peeps in someone else's capable hands. I'm thrilled.

Baby Cute and I are also in love with Starbucks Frappuccino. Yes, it's caffeinated and sweet and delicious, but it makes every morning brighter.

Tonight I have a very important top secret birthday project to complete. Tomorrow we are going to Coldwater to play with Mary Frog Toes and her family and then celebrating David's birthday on Sunday with GrandmaCarolynSoonToBe. Hooray for weekends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for the (almost) promotion! Can't wait to see your hair!

=) Miss you!!!
Cat

BoxcatAV said...

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow too! Sometimes it's just time for a good change. And good news on the promotion. Spliting time is hard -- I completely understand!

Diane said...

I found your blog doing a search for a picture of a crib. I am due October 4th with a boy. Good luck to you!(Frappaccino's are amazing--especially the raspberry mocha ones!!)