Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Let them eat cake! (with their sisters!)

Two extraordinarily good pieces of news!
1. My sister Melanie is going to be able to come to Saginaw for Baby Cute's shower in August! I feel like I already got the best present possible--all of my sisters together! As if I wasn't excited enough... now sister-mom-grandma-preggo belly togetherness?! Yahooey!
2. I passed my glucose tolerance test with FLYING colors. My blood sugar was 104 AFTER my sugary drink, meaning my pancreas can take a licking and keep on ticking. Take THAT stupid books/people/statistics that freak me out about being pregnant and fat. HA.

I got the invitation to Baby Cute's Saginaw shower and it made me cry. It's SO cute, and SO perfect and makes this whole baby thing SO real. *sigh* Life is good.

It's Ag Expo week, so I am very tired of being outside in the hot July weather all day long. However, my student Heidi is doing a bang-up job being my "feet" and making sure that I am taking it easy enough that I am not puffing up too badly at the end of 80+ degree days in a hot tent. Tomorrow is the last day, so thank goodness.

Our appointment otherwise went very well on Monday. I definitely gained some weight, my blood pressure remains "a little high," no protein in my pee (that's good, means my kidneys are functioning well), and we had another ultrasound to see a few things that our first ultrasound missed. Baby Cute cooperated, we had a second confirmation of BOY, and everything else looks great. My belly definitely continues to grow and move around quite a bit. He's been quiet this week with all of the heat and stress of Ag Expo, but he kicks it out at night so I know he is just a fan of quiet.

We made our next two appointments at the OB office. One in 3 weeks, and then one 2 weeks after that with the nurse practitioner to talk about our "birth plan." Whoa. Birth plan? You mean I have to give birth? And have a plan? Um, ok.

28 weeks today, but I need to get to bed, so updates later!

No comments: