Monday, July 30, 2007

Friends.

We had a great weekend! Here are some pics.


Leaving Mary Frog Toes' parents' cottage. We finally got to catch up and Baby Cute cooperated by kicking FT and her sister, Teresa. Mary and Eric are planning one more international jaunt to Thailand before starting their own family, but our kids will have no choice but to be friends.


I would just like to defend my flat hair by saying I did nothing but wash it on Saturday morning because I thought we would be spending the day in the lake. However, we are concerned citizens and didn't want to have a mini Exxon Mobil spill in Coldwater Lake by taking Mary's parents' boat out with its oil-leaking issues. So we enjoyed indoor fun including delicious fajitas and birthday cake.

Speaking of friends, we got word yesterday that our friends Laura and Matt are expecting their first baby on January 29, 2008!! I am so thrilled!

David's birthday was Sunday. It was a treat to see Carolyn, and she was kind enough to play with David while I was at work. We had a delicious brunch together and then David got to spend the day with his Mom, a rare and fun treat for him.


I'm sure he'll love that I'm posting these super sleepy pictures of him, but I was so excited to give him his presents from Baby Cute that he wasn't in his most picturesque state.

We like to "do" something instead of "give" something to each other for birthdays, so my gift to David is going to a Tigers game this summer. But Baby Cute wanted to give his Daddy a present in utero, so we conspired and got him a "Daddy" gift. A little teddy bear, a frame, a bib, and a few books Baby Cute would like Daddy to read to him. Then "we" made a book of all of the things Baby Cute is looking forward to doing with his Daddy, like tailgating, meeting his friends, visiting Grandma Carolyn, watching sports on TV, going for walks, etc. etc. etc. It made us both cry. That Baby Cute, he's so thoughtful!

And Dave's best friend Matt was kind enough to send along pics from Sue and Tim's wedding, so here we are.

Being pregnant isn't all bad; it was a fun realization that you don't need alcohol to have a good time. Damn, I hate admitting that parents are right! Apparently, you just need a lot of maraschino cherries to make your tongue red, and some highly entertaining friends!


The non-photographed weekend highlights are also worth mentioning... I got to see Meredith and Jerry and Meredith's best friend Carla on Friday night on their way through town. Baby Cute was being his fickle self and didn't kick Aunt Meredith, but she'll have another chance to get beat up next Saturday at Baby Cute's first shower. I promised Carolyn that I wouldn't peek at the registry... It's VERY hard.
And perhaps this will sound stupid, but here goes. I got to meet my favorite BRU co-worker Nadia's baby, Sophia Louise, at the baby store yesterday. She is SOOOOOO CUTE! I already knew she liked me because I was one of the only people she kicked at the store. She has crazy sticking-up soft black baby hair and the most perfect little face. She is just a month or so old and I got to hold her... Looking into her little face and cooing at her and feeling her snuggle into my arms... it hit me. I LOVE babies. I know, it sounds stupid, but I feel like I've been so caught up in the pregnancy, the preparations, work, family, friends, etc. that it took holding Baby Sophie Lou to remind me of how long I've wanted children and how much I am looking forward to cuddling my own little guy in just a couple of months. It's so amazing to think about cuddling my own cooing little boy soon... *sigh*

1 comment:

freerange karma said...

You look great in those pictures!

And that bib with Dave is the cutest thing I've seen all day.