Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mountains and airplanes and jewelry, Oh My!

We're in Albuquerque. The trip was totally uneventful, thank goodness. I sat next to skinny teenage girls on both flights, thank goodness to that, too. Even the $5 snack box on Northwest Airlines and the $2.25 bottle of water at the airport cafe' was delicious. Baby Cute had a very hungry day; flying is hard work for fetuses.

I'm traveling with jewelry lovers in jewelry country. I looked at more turquoise necklaces and bracelets and anklets and pendants than I have in my 26 years of existence. Luckily, they also love food, so I had delicious New Mexican enchiladas (sans hot sauce, of course).

I heart dry heat. And mountains.

My feet are swollen, my spirits are high and I am traveling with my favorite colleagues. It's kinda like a sleepover, but in New Mexico, and in a hotel, and we have to go to sessions instead of painting our nails and watching chick flicks. *sigh* Oh well.

More later.

No comments: