Friday, June 22, 2007

110 days.

Time is flying. It's almost the end of June. This is nice because I get paid on the last day of the month, but also frightening. I distinctly remember thinking about the 4th of July and wondering what my belly would look like, how I would be feeling, WHAT I would be feeling. The 4th of July is FAST approaching.

I feel like I'm trapped in warp speed. There is so much I want to do, personally and professionally, that hinges around October 10. I sent a request to a journalist friend of mine today to sit on a panel at the MSU Extension Fall Conference. The date of the panel is October 10. Whoa, why are we planning things in October already? That is REALLY far away. Yeah right.

David and I got some good news today! Our "check engine soon" light had come on in our one-and-only car, Belinda the Bonneville, on Wednesday morning. Being a one-car family and assuming the worst, we figured we'd have to rent a car while Belinda was in for whatever kind of expensive repairs she would require now that the dreaded "check engine soon" light had activated. Dave took her in this morning knowing that Enterprise would only charge us $19/day for a car Dave would fit into. Our nice mechanic Mike (aren't all mechanics named Mike? Or Bill? Or Ray? Or Steve?) informed us that our gas cap area was a little corroded and we just needed to wire brush it out and that would solve the vapor lapse problem. Hooray! Belinda has also been "clunking" when we move her from park to drive, and Mike also had good news there. Our motor mount is wearing out. I'm ok with that! Better that than the transmission! It's a "make an appointment and we'll have it done by noon" fix too. Thank you Mike (and the mechanics)! :)

Tonight we are heading to the Board of Water and Light Chili Cook-Off. Afterwards, I will do a fashion show of swimsuits with Dave and prepare for a weekend of fun in the chlorinated world of an indoor waterpark.

We got mixed reviews last night when we googled "pregnancy" and "waterslides." Basically, some docs say go for it, some say 'oh God no!' I think I'll go somewhere in between, thanks.

No comments: