Thursday, June 7, 2007

Cheery Baby!

I think that Baby Cute is trying to cheer me up today. There is seemingly constant activity in my belly--full somersaults, kicks, startles. It's been fun. I probably could have gotten a lot more accomplished, but I spent many 5-minute intervals just holding my belly and experiencing Baby Cute's acrobatics. I imagine I look pretty silly sitting in my office with my eyes closed, pressing on my stomach with tears running down my face....

Baby Cute's antics brought tears to my eyes several times. Everyone tells you that you "know" the baby before it's even born based on how it acts inside of you. I'm beginning to understand that more and more.

Frankly, this is all still very surreal. People keep asking me if we've registered, if we've picked names, if the nursery is done (HA!), have we looked for daycares, have we signed up for expectant parent seminars... the list goes on. Perhaps it's funny to those of you who know me and my crazy, planning ways, but I'm just not "there" yet. It's not that I don't want to be "there," it just seems so early, and I feel so unprepared to make those decisions. This second trimester, feel-good, glowy, bulging belly, hopeful time is too nice to muck it up with decisions I say!

Baby Cute's movement could also be attributed to the insane amount of strawberries I ate today, but I like the thought that she/he is cheering me up more. Oh, and I did have hot dogs for lunch today in honor of Baby Cute's foot-long status. Hot dogs, strawberries and cranberry juice. Oh man, this baby is going to have weird tastebuds.

I'm ready to see my beloved tomorrow! He flies in at 1 p.m. and I am taking the rest of the afternoon off to smooch him and get my braces tightened.

No comments: