Tuesday, April 3, 2007

SpaghettiO's and Pickles Don't Mix Well.

So yesterday I felt like someone ran over my dog. Nothing truly wrong, just this grief-like sadness that I couldn't kick. This is apparently one more thing we can blame on hormones. When I recounted the story to my co-workers, they had nothing but understanding, similar stories to share. So that makes me feel better.

Just as a side note, spaghetti'O's, pickles and chocolate pudding do NOT mix well, even if eaten one at a time. This is a lesson learned.

Perhaps my favorite part of my downer day yesterday was squirming around in bed and complaining to Dave that "it feels like something is growing inside of me!" His response was "Oh my God, do you think your heart is pumping blood through your arteries and veins? Or that your lungs are taking in oxygen?!" It made me laugh because I was being the master of the obvious, but let me tell you, Baby Cute is doing some weird gymnastics in there. I can't explain the feeling. It doesn't "hurt" per se, but it sure is odd and uncomfortable. I can't help but think that once I can feel Baby Cute moving around and kicking my intestines it will take on a different kind of joy and meaning. Right now, I just feel bloated. This is what Baby Cute should be looking like... A much more proportional head and ears moving to a more normal location...

Damn, pregnancy is glamorous, isn't it? :) The adventure continues.

Because I know I'm tired of looking at all text in my blog, I thought I would post some photos of this most adorable nursery that I found today while looking at someone's Nest profile. Her theme was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and ours will be "You Are My Sunshine," but the general color scheme and the look of the room was so beautiful. We'll also have white furniture and yellow walls (but not that bright) and brownish floors. Oh, and if anyone knows where to find a large, sun-shaped rug--give me a shout.

Enjoy the photos, and have a great day. The sun really did come out tomorrow.





2 comments:

CorgiLand said...

pier one used to have one, but i am not sure if they still carry it.

btw, sooooo adorable!!!!

BoxcatAV said...

I can TOTALLY see Dave making that comment to you about your heart pumping blood. That sounds like his PR comment back in college. Oh, Dave!