Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A milestone.... Sort of.

Today marks another official pregnancy milestone--my first day wearing preggo pants. My pants just don't fit like I want them to. I have some bigger pants than others, but my closet was devoid of them this morning. So here I sit, rather comfortably, in my new black linen drawstring pants. The waist is rolled three times and the drawstring is virtually useless, but dang, they are comfy.



Thanks to MomCarolyn, David and I took our first trip to the local Motherhood Maternity store yesterday after work. Dave and Carolyn brought all three of us presents--preggo tops for me, a sports book for David and a book and toy for Baby Cute. Thanks to my ebay savvy, I have several preggo tops already. And my regular tops are fitting fine. What I am in need of, however, is pants. So off we went to Motherhood. They have a small, but decent supply of plus sizes. They are shoved in the back behind the sale racks of skinny girl clothes, but I tried to just see past that and be glad I could try things on.


They had not a single pair of khaki/brown pants in my size, but the black linen pants felt wonderful and I also picked out a couple of nursing bras that were on super sale and a top on super clearance that is a little more breathable and summery. Here it is, I'll spare you the bra pictures.



Easter weekend was wonderful. Good food, lots of laughter, hugs from my Mom and sister and Grandmas. It's all good for my soul. Oh, and I almost forgot another milestone. A person has officially touched my belly as if it were not mine. Mind you, that person is Grandma Ebig (who I don't rank high on the list of tactful people I know), but she did pet my stomach and tell me I had a little belly already. I refrained from saying--"Uh, Grandma? I already had a pretty BIG belly before I got pregnant..."--It was sweet and funny regardless. It was a good taste of what is to come when random strangers may feel the need to touch me without my permission.


Tonight I am having dinner with my friend Jessica who is just about a week or so away from her due date. I am VERY excited about seeing her and picking her brain and seeing her "sea life" nursery. Tomorrow I work at the baby store, Thursday is a new Grey's Anatomy and Friday we are off to Chicago to celebrate Melanie's 30th birthday and Meredith and Jerry's first home.


So much to celebrate!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

Are you sure Grey's is new?! I heard it was a compilation of old shows...I want it to be new!