Thursday, April 5, 2007

The case of the disappearing waist.

Baby Cute is busy making room in my pelvis. It is the oddest thing I've ever felt, and perhaps the coolest too. I feel "full" and like things are moving around and stretching in there. I'm 14 weeks today... That seems like a lot. Six weeks away from the halfway point. And perhaps just a couple weeks away from being able to feel Baby Cute's "flutters." I can't wait!

Today I feel like Baby Cute is a boy. I had a dream last night about David taking care of the baby and David kept calling him his "little buddy." I got all teary thinking about that this morning and told Dave that we should have a boy so he could have a "little buddy." His response was "well, either way I'm going to have a little buddy." Sorry if that's cheesy to all of you, but it's just about the cutest thing I can think of. My husband is going to be a great father.

I'm finding that my clothes don't fit like they used to. My waist appears to be disappearing. I was hoping I would be above this whole "maternity clothes" thing for a while yet because of my weight, but alas no. It's like a lot of women talk about... Your clothes don't fit, but neither do the maternity clothes. So really, I am most comfortable in something with an elastic waistband. Oh so fashionable. I really can't get home quickly enough from work to put on my pink warm up pants or pajama bottoms. It just feels SO much better.


Yesterday was a great day in that I finally got Baby Bargains, the book I've been anxiously waiting for. It is awesome! I love a good deal, and the book rates all popular baby products on safety, quality and value. It has already made me think twice about a few items I thought I was set on, so it's already worth my hard-earned gift certificate. The baby store gets just average reviews, but then again, the places that get glowing reviews also have $1,000 cribs and $400 bedding sets. No, thanks!

I ordered a couple of catalogs online, taking the authors' advice to get inspiration from the expensive places, not products. See? More smart tips!

Several projects are calling my name this afternoon, tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me that the week is almost over and there is still a lot to be accomplished. My belly is full of pizza again, so back to work for me!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my unbiased opinion "your David" is most definitely going to be a great daddy. Grandma-soon-to-be