Monday, April 2, 2007

Do brunettes have more fun?

So I discovered this weekend after a few random comments from people that my hair is a different color. Not crazily different, but I have lost almost all of the dirty blonde and am now a definite brunette. This is NOT something I had anticipated, but then again what parts of pregnancy have I been prepared for?

I'm still on soft foods, but McDonald's hotcakes and sausage fit into that description and that's what Baby wants, so it's what Baby gets. David was also kind enough to call my mother for a recipe to make one of my fave comfort foods-tator tot casserole. Like my Mom says, if you can put a whole bunch of stuff together and coat it in butter/gravy/cheese/other notgoodforyou ingredients, you are an excellent comfort-food cook. Mmm, random mixture of hamburger, green beans, cheese, cream of mushroom soup and tator tots.... Delish.

I was also pleased to discover from my friends at BabyCenter.com that having a runny nose and being sniffly is another random pregnancy symptom. Basically, you can blame almost any pregnancy symptom on hormones. So, hormones are making my nose run. Mystery solved.

We got to hang out with Dave's friends this weekend in Alma. It was very fun. Alma is only about 45 minutes away from our new house, so it was a very comfortable drive and totally worth the trip to have Main Street Pizza and great conversation. Plus, it was David's first opportunity to take advantage of his built-in designated driver, yours truly. Lucky him. Matt and Leigh also have a new HDTV, so we marveled at individual strands of hair and grass on the sports channels and tolerated Matt's "with HD/without HD" demonstrations for each new guest that arrived.

Petey and Corbie brought us an adorable selection of ducky things including a blankie, onesie and sleeper. The duckies are all fuzzy and adorable--and how could they resist getting "Big Duck's" baby duck items. :)

As we drove home on Saturday night, Dave and I had an interesting talk. You see, while we weren't paying attention, Dave's friends' babies turned into kids. Like, regular, fun, playful, often mischevious kids. We can remember "debriefing" after each couple's wedding, talking about what we wanted at our own celebration. Well, we found ourselves "debriefing" again on the way home, but this time about parenting styles. Of the four couples we got to hang out with, each has a different parenting style. It will be interesting to watch how our own style develops as Baby Cute grows up.

Otherwise, the weekend was low-key. I worked on Saturday until 3 and all day Sunday. Friday I putzed around town, doing a long tour of Value City and eating mashed potatoes for dinner. Nothing new and exciting to report otherwise!

I am really looking forward to this weekend. I miss my family and love when we get together--it makes me feel alive, loved and happy.

1 comment:

freerange karma said...

Just to clarify, yes.. brunettes DO have more fun. ; )