Thursday, April 12, 2007

Like it's going out of style.

So from milk to water! I still enjoyed two glasses of milk this morning, but this afternoon I am downing water like it is going out of style! I just keep drinking! It's not that I'm "thirsty" or have a dry mouth, but I just want to drink water.

Oh, Baby Cute, you are a quirky little lemon-sized fetus. I know you will be strong-willed like your Mommy, but sometimes I wonder about you.

Apparently I am also semi-psychic. Yesterday was the first day I felt energized and motivated after getting home from work to dig around in the nursery. So I did. It was wonderful! I found my long-lost coupon organizer, empty checkbook registers, our credit cards (they're in a sealed envelope with our original debt amount written on the front), a ton of mortgage paperwork I can probably safely shred, and BABY STUFF. I love working at the baby store. Perhaps one of my favorite things about it is finding the very best deals and rock bottom prices. Every once in a while our apparel goes 30% off the clearance price. So if you buy off-season clothes that were already marked down several times the items are quite reasonable. Here is what I found:

--Halloween clothes! Two "trick or treat" t-shirts and a romper/bib/bootie outfit. All 0/3 months, that is just weird.
--Soft baby girl snowsuit.
--Soft baby girl outfit.
--Two packages of Carter onesies.
--Duckie bathrobe and matching set of washclothes.
--A large amount of baby boy outfits, including an adorable pair of denim overalls, a onesie/short set with digger trucks on it, a "little tiger" romper, a couple of sleepers, a very "preppy" summer outfit with jean shorts and a gingham shirt and a pair of jean shorts with a matching t-shirt that has a turtle on it. So if Baby Cute is a boy, he already has a good start on a wardrobe.
--Two bottles of babywash and two bottles of lotion.
--Various other items like little toys with sunshines on them and the cute gifts we've received so far like an ear thermometer and a duckie blankie.

The Halloween stuff freaked me out the most. Now mind you, several of the items were things I bought thinking they would be great gifts at some point down the road. It is so odd to think that I was actually buying those things for our Baby Cute.

Today I got an email from my friends at Johnson & Johnson. They actually have online instructional videos for how to give your baby a bath. What did we DO before the internet? I think we just stuck them in the kitchen sink and made them smell all sweet and baby like again. Well, along with Johnson and Johnson I also got updates from Babygaga.com and Babycenter.com. Here is the latest.

BabyCenter: Welcome to your second trimester! This is a big milestone because it marks the end of a critical development period. All the basic structures of your baby's body are formed now. Head to bottom, your baby is just 3 1/2 inches long — about the length of a lemon — and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. She's starting to develop an ultrafine, downy covering of hair all over her body called lanugo . Thanks to brain impulses, her little facial muscles are getting a workout as she squints, frowns, and grimaces. She can grasp now, too, and she may be able to suck her thumb.

Babygaga: Welcome to trimester two! Your beautiful baby is covered in downy hair known as lanugo and really starting to move around. You've got a while before you'll be feeling it, but they're in full motion anyway. Watch out for trimester two symptoms there's plenty of not-so-fun stuff like back pain, swelling fingers and feet from water retention, and plenty of good-old fashioned fatigue.

Here is the 14 week odd image from Baby Center...


No comments: