Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Thoughts.

So many things to be happy about today...
  • I am 21 weeks pregnant with a healthy Baby Cute.
  • Baby Cute is squirmy, making me know she/he is doing ok all day long.
  • David is enjoying his new position and excelling at his new responsibilities.
  • I may have to travel across campus construction for meetings, but they are usually in Anthony Hall, home of the MSU Dairy Store and my FAVORITE chocolate ice cream ever.
  • A story I wrote is getting picked up tonight on the 6 o'clock news, thrilling the researcher and my boss(es).
  • One of my wires came loose in my braces yesterday, but I got it fixed in under 15 minutes today--a world record for my pokey orthodontist.
  • Getting my wire fixed made my mouth feel better, not worse, allowing me to eat normally today.
  • We bought a beautiful house in a fabulous neighborhood that has CENTRAL air conditioning that works well.
  • I met another one of my neighbors yesterday--mother of four and preschool teacher at a local Catholic school. She complimented my snapdragons.
  • My yard continues to bloom and bloom and bloom. New this week--PEONIES!
  • My co-workers are being very considerate in making the air conditioning flow from their small offices to me.
  • It's 85+ degrees outside, and I am not puffy.
  • David and I got the majority of things OUT of the nursery last night, leaving us just two bookshelves and the desk to move out. Then we can rip up carpet and prepare for bamboo!
  • I get to see my good friend Anne win a very important alumni award next week, giving me an excuse to go to Mt. Pleasant and see many of my favorite CMU peeps.
  • I remembered to take David's dry-cleaning in today. The local dry cleaner is a little shady, but reasonably priced. She also suggested that they fold David's dress shirts, making packing them a lot easier.
  • My June to-do list is two pages long, and there is minimal rollover from May. Being pregnant apparently = being productive!

Now for the 21 week updates!

BabyCenter: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. And you can certainly feel him move. He's oblivious to your schedule, though, so don't be surprised if he starts working out just when you're settling down for the night. If you're having a girl, her vagina is formed now, though it will continue to develop until birth. You're probably feeling pretty comfortable these days. You're not too big yet, and the usual aches and pains associated with early pregnancy are, for the most part, gone. Relax and enjoy it while you can — the third trimester will bring some mild discomfort from carrying a baby who is nearly full-term.

BabyGaga: Your beautiful little miracle-gro baby will be putting on a full ounce and a half this week (up to 16.5 oz), but that’s just the beginning! Within the next five weeks, they’ll really be packin’ it on! For now, we’re pleased to report the addition of rapid eye movement (REM) a key component to any baby’s healthy sleep schedule. And in the dermatology department: their thin soft skin is very red, fairly translucent, and a bit wrinkled. Not to worry, it’s not a premature aging disease. It's just their clever little body setting them up with extra space that will smooth out once your little one starts packing on the baby-fat. That won’t be for a few more weeks, though. So for the time being, your munchkin is still a little lean mean growing machine! The beginnings of what is commonly called “brown fat” is just starting to fill in to help your baby retain some body heat, which is crucial as they’re not yet capable of regulating their own body temperature.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey natalie and david!! just a coupke thoughts one i doread your blog pages - how you figured out how to create them is still beyond me! i'm so sorry you got to meet the "real" tayden - it does seem that cool air (taking the diaper off) seems to make boy babies need to GO - but tonight when i went to take griffin out of his highchair and clean him up i was surprised to see green stuff running down his back only to realize it wasn't running down but up.. along with whole raisins - i wondered why he kept saying 'uh oh' now i know! thank god his mom was here and made a quick dash to the bath tub number 1 really isn't nearly as bad as number 2 - you really do have so much to look forward to - what fun we had tonight!!

Anonymous said...

This is rеаlly fаscinating, You're an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in search of more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks unlockiphone.in

Anonymous said...

I lеave а leave a response when I aрρreciate a post on a
website οr іf I havе
something to аdd to the disсussiοn. It is a result of the sincernеss displayeԁ
in the pοst I looked at. And after this post "Happy Thoughts.".

I waѕ aсtuallу mоνed enough to leave a thought :
) I aсtually dο hаѵe 2 questiοns for you
if it's allright. Could it be just me or does it look like a few of these comments look as if they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at other online social sites, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list the complete urls of all your shared sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Feel free to surf to my weblog - amazon

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't havе а donate button!
I'd certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll ѕettle for bοok-mаrking and аdding yоur RSS feeԁ to my Gοogle аccount.
I lοok forwarԁ to new uρdаtes and
will ѕhare this site with mу Facebook group.
Talk soon!

Here іs my ωebpage: buy toys

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I've lеarn
thіs post and іf I maу just I desіre
to counsel yοu few attention-grabbing issues or suggestions.
Maybe you can wrіte next artіcles regагding this аrticlе.
I wish to rеad even more issuеs аpproximately іt!
http://www.pianotut.com/teach-yourself-piano/

Anonymous said...

Ӏ want to to thank you fог this greаt reаd!
! Ι defіnitely enjoуeԁ everу bіt of
it. I have got yοu bоokmаrkeԁ to checκ out nеw things уou post�
offbeat

Anonymous said...

Hello, this weeκend is pleasant in supρort of me, as this tіme i
am reading this imρгesѕive infoгmative
ρaragrаph here at my house. nupedailynews.com

Anonymous said...

Ι cгeаtе a comment ωhеnever І lіkе
a artіcle on a site οr іf I havе
somеthing to add to the discusѕіоn.
It's caused by the passion communicated in the post I read. And on this post "Happy Thoughts.". I was actually moved enough to post a comment ;) I actually do have 2 questions for you if you usually do not mind. Could it be simply me or does it appear like some of these comments appear as if they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with you. Would you list the complete urls of your shared sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile? daxninjas.com

Anonymous said...

Μу bгοther rеcommended ӏ
might likе this web site. He was еntiгely right.
Thіs post trulу mаde my dаy.
You can not іmagіne simply how much time ӏ hаd spent
foг thiѕ infο! Thankѕ! http://www.buildchickencoop.org/build-chicken-coop/