Saturday, May 26, 2007

mmmm, weeeekend.

So Dave is snoring loudly upstairs and I am sitting at my dining room table enjoying the mysterious free wireless internet that has found its way into my house. Hooray for technology.

Today was a monumental day in Baby Cute's life, and he/she doesn't even know it yet. Baby Cute got his/her official pair of Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls. Dave's wardrobe needed a little spiffing up for his Minnesota trip, so we headed to the Howell outlets where they not only have a Casual Male outlet, but also a Lane Bryant outlet, a Motherhood Maternity outlet, a Carter's outlet and an Osh Kosh B'Gosh outlet. I thought the $7.99 overall sale was a joke, but it WAS NOT. So Baby Cute got adorable jean overalls--0/3 months and 12 months for under $20--a bargain at twice the price at Dave would say.

We held back otherwise (perhaps Baby Cute was hiding his/her genitals from us because he/she knew we would have trouble not buying him/her adorable clothing.... Our Baby Cute is obnoxiously smart of course), but picked up a few $5 sleepers at the Carters outlet and a couple lovely items at the Motherhood Maternity store. Dave's wardrobe got the spiffing it needed and he is the proud owner of a new sports coat from the Casual Male clearance rack, a new polo shirt, two new ties and a button down shirt. He is SO easy to shop for.

Dave worked until almost 7pm yesterday. Poor thing, he is up to 130+ hours for the last two weeks. His schedule was rather convenient for me, as it gave me time to have a manicure, pedicure AND Cold Stone Creamery cake batter ice cream with my favorite co-workers Beth and Michelle. The JCPenney salon has woefully inadequate pedicure facilities, but my fingers and toes were painted Pompeii Purple for less than the price of some pedicures I've had-including tip-so it was worth it.

So it's midnight and I'm still awake... Sad but true, we went to sleep just after 9pm yesterday and were up by 7am. After a long day of shopping and a delicious plate of garden nachos at Buddies in Okemos, I was tuckered out. Dave apparently tried to wake me up after 2 hours of napping, but I was having none of it. So perhaps the 4-hour nap could be why it is midnight and I am not tired. Funny how that works...

Tomorrow we see some of my favorite people--MomCarolyn, Dave, Aunt Patti, Grandma Wiacek, and my SEESTERS. I love weekends!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

Yeah free Internet!