Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cool news.

Great news, our central air conditioning system fired up like a champ this morning. In preparation for today's 89 degree forecast, Dave set the programmable system so we may actually be able to sleep tonight. Heat, ugh.

What a cool weekend. Cousin Michael's graduation party was a lot of fun, even though Michelle's baby Tayden peed on me. Just goes to show that no matter how prepared you are and how much air you wave on a baby boy pee pee, he may still aim and fire when you change his diaper. At least it was to the side and not right in my face. In that case I would be poking Baby Cute more often encouraging her/him to be a girl.

We caught the Michigan City train without incident and got to take the L with Meredith back to her condo. If I haven't already mentioned it, Dave and I love mass transit. We ate delicious Italian food (including fresh tomato/mozzarella salad with balsamic vinaigrette-delish!) and I got to sleep under my favorite Japanese blanket. I also discovered that sleeping on an air mattress allows me to sleep on my stomach (hooray!). Monday we had a brief visit to the Art Institute, where it took us far too long to realize that our friends Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso and Renoir were just beyond the seemingly endless rooms of religious art. By that time, we were tired and I felt woozy from missing lunch, so we headed back to Meredith and Jerry's where we ate delicious BBQ'd food and strawberries. There was other food, too, but I mainly remember the hamburger and the strawberries.

My sister Melanie is quite an amazing artist, and very thoughtful. She put both of these talents to work and painted Baby Cute some adorable Gerber onesies, including a sunshine, a mushroom, a baby dinosaur and yes, a zucchini. Calling Baby Cute the zucchini just sort of fits... and it's better than Baby Pat as my co-workers have taken to calling my shy baby. SO cute. Meredith even did that silly thing where you put baby clothing on the preggo lady belly and say 'awwwww.' Yep, it's official--we're those people.

Frankly, I'm not feeling very good. Nothing really wrong, but I feel "off." I don't need to call the doc, but my ankles are puffing up more and more at night and I have pretty much lost my appetite. I have to force myself to eat, and then I feel significantly better after a meal--go figure. My cravings have almost totally subsided--I am eating based on time of day now rather than hunger. Humph, I got nuthin'.

My coworker Sara told me fans are like pain medications, you can't wait until you NEED them. So I'm going to fire mine up and check a LOT of things off my list today. I am meeting-free, so no excuses.

21 weeks today and it's almost JUNE. Whoa.

2 comments:

CorgiLand said...

fine then... don't mention my painting! :P

i had fun riding part way home with you guys... we need to make a path from saginaw to lansing to kalamazoo to chicago!

freerange karma said...

I love painting onesies and I'm glad you liked them. : )