Friday, March 23, 2007

Margaritaville.

So according to today's BabyCenter.com update, the baby is now the size of a lime. This makes me wish wistfully for a margarita on the rocks with salt and lots of lime. Instead, I will be satisfied with my coocoo breakfast of Coco Puffs. Delicious!

Yesterday began Christmas in March for my David with the kick-off of the MHSAA Boys Basketball State Finals. There will be basketball, and lots of it, this weekend. I, on the other hand, will be getting a massage on Saturday morning, catching up on the 8 million movies I have not seen, possibly unpacking the basement to find my photo albums and games and otherwise going where I wish, letting the wind and my crazy hormones chart the course. It will indeed be a lovely weekend.




It's amazing to think about how quickly these last few weeks have gone by, and that I am nearing the end of my first trimester..... Other than that, I have nothing profound to say.





Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions. Your baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protruded into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Her nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. Your baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen, though you still won't be able to feel her move for several weeks.



(3-D ultrasound picture... apparently this technology isn't available anywhere in Michigan but one OB office in Troy. In some big cities, you can pay to go in and have a 3-D ultrasound done in places called "Womb With a View")

2 comments:

AlexisAnne said...

The technology must be available because my coworker had a 3d ultrasound in lansing...but it wasn't an elective one. I forget what doctor she had though. Anyway, she was over 35 and "high risk" so she ended up with a 3d ultrasound to verify some developmental issues with her baby. All was well, and the pictures were super cute...but I guess I'd rather go without the ultrasound than have one because the doctors were worried that something was wrong!

Melissa Bussear said...

I am not sure if is true or not but I heard that for $80 you can pay for a 3D ultrasound here in MP and get a DVD to take home too. It might be worth it to check it out. Take care. Love and miss you tons.