Friday, March 9, 2007

A future in stretch pants.

I guess feeling good makes me less likely to blog about Baby Cute. My nausea returned, but it is much more manageable and not as much of a burden on me as it was before. Overall, I am just tired. More tired than I was at the beginning of Baby Cute's journey, actually.

I caved in and just took yesterday off from work. I felt drugged, like someone had slipped me something to make me extra sleepy. Dave assured me it was ok to take a day off, and I slept until noon. I woke up to eat, then vegetated on the couch for a couple of hours snoozing on and off. When Dave got home from substitute teacher training he convinced me that it was time to stop putting off getting my bloodwork done. First, he bribed me with cheese enchiladas and then held my hand while a very nice phlebotomist got my vein on the first try. Whew, that was a relief. I'm SO glad it's done.

My pants still fit, but they are becoming increasingly uncomfortable. It's hard to describe, as they button the same, but the feeling of things around my waist is incredibly annoying. I refuse to cave and buy maternity work clothes yet, but stretch pants are becoming more and more attractive! I believe I am also getting this so-called "round ligament pain" which is sharp, random pain in my crotch. Something is stretching, I guess. Sorry, Meredith, the list of random symptoms goes on and on. :)

Dave got his first substitute assignment today! He spent the day at Okemos High School and said he had a wonderful time! He sounded very happy on the phone. He is "having a Natalie day" (his term, not mine) and working both of his jobs. I miss him already, but Friday nights have become a nice routine of wandering around stores and picking up the house for me. We have fun plans for tomorrow, including seeing Cat, Mark and their girls and then traveling to Saginaw to have dinner with my Mom the birthday girl.
I am hoping to unpack my camera reader this weekend so I can post some of the photos we have taken so far, including me buried by my ebay maternity clothing treasures and Dave with the official "pregnant" stick. Stay tuned for that.

Last night at the baby store, there were 3 of the 5 of us that are pregnant working. The jokes about not drinking the water were funny, but it was also a night for sharing horror stories about labor and delivery. Ugh, if I hear one more episiotomy story I am going to SCREAM.

For right now, Baby Cute and I have an agreement. Growing healthy and strong in exchange for having the best Mommy possible in just 7 months. We'll worry about blood, sweat and tears later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!We just got home and read the email from the proud and excited Grandma. Good luck and let us know if you need anything. The Williams.

freerange karma said...

That fear of bloodwork goes away quickly when you're getting poked more often. I never believed those people that say that, but after my stint in the hospital and monthly bloodwork since, I now watch them stick the needle in with interest instead of that terror I used to have. : )