Monday, March 5, 2007

I *heart* pickles

Well, I don't want to dip them in ice cream or eat them with peanut butter, but I am LOVIN' me some pickles. Delicious!


My nausea seems to have subsided, and boy what a difference that has made. I feel much more like myself and so much more productive at home and work. It is also much easier to drink 64 million ounces of water a day, which will be important if this pickle-lovin' continues to prevent blowing up like a puffer fish.

GREAT news! Dave's cousin Michelle had her baby boy! Tayden Thomas was born at 1:40am today via c-section after poor Michelle's water broke at 7am yesterday. He is 5 lbs, 10 oz, 18" long. I can't wait to meet him, and I know my fabulous mom-in-law Carolyn can't wait for us to tell Grandma and Grandpa Wiacek and her sisters and brother. I promise we will call tonight, Carolyn!

We had a wonderful weekend! We cleaned the house on Saturday morning and my glorious husband, David, has been doing a great job keeping the house maintained during the week, so I got to do the nit-picky cleaning I find so very rewarding. We cooked a tasty Mexican lunch from Dave's fav cooking magazine "Simple and Delicious" and we had our friends Jessica and Brian over for lunch and chat. It was so nice to show off our house, although Jessica has made me aware that our stairs are steep and difficult to climb at 34 weeks pregnant. I will make note.

After Jess, Brian and Baby left I read my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book and David watched basketball until we left for Owosso. The small-town rendition of Beauty and the Beast was very well-done, accented especially well by my friend Kate as Babette the Feather Duster. We had dinner with our friends Amber and Alex before the show and had HORRIBLE service, but great conversation and Oreo/whipped cream fluff on the salad bar.

We got home late and I worked all day on Sunday, but not before a delicious breakfast of toaster waffles and fruit. Mmmm, fabulous! I worked baby registry and seriously did 16 new registrants and 6 updates. If you don't know, that's a TON. But it was fun and I felt energized at the end of the day instead of exhausted. Good 'ol Baby Store.

Let me take just a moment and rant about maternity clothes, specifically plus-size maternity clothes. There is literally nowhere I can go and try on clothes. This had forced me to Ebay, but after winning too many auctions I have put myself on an Ebay hiatus. I know my pants are getting less comfortable with my disappearing waistline, but I'm not ready for full on kangaroo pouches either. *sigh* Perhaps I will take up sweatpant fashion until my belly really grows...

The only other fun news is that David felt my uterus this weekend. Seriously, it was cool. It is all thick and there right under my lower fat roll. He was thrilled, and I am happy to have something cool or weird or different to amuse him with. :)

I'm wrapping up several smaller projects here at work today, so the bigger ones I have been planning to attack are up next. This coincides well with my lack of nausea and love of pickles. Why, you may ask? Well, pickles are much easier to grab and eat quickly than fruit, of course!

Thanks to all of you who expressed concern after my little fender bender, things are just fine!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

A PR person pitched me on JC Penney for plus size pregnancy clothing. Have you looked there?