Monday, February 19, 2007

Solving the sour stomach mystery.

So as much as I love Baby Cute Scott already, she/he is a parasite. The books aren't kidding about eating smaller meals multiple times a day. The baby is the size of a rasberry, and she/he is already dictating how much I can eat. Baby Cute Scott also loves fruit. I simply can not eat enough fruit. Or drink enough fruit juice. I do not want to touch milk and anything greasy makes my stomach turn. Baby Cute also does not like to be kept waiting. If she/he is hungry, I must eat now or I get nausea like no one's business. My days of "doing what I want when I want it" are apparently ending.

Baby Cute still hasn't forgiven me for finishing up a news release at work before I ate my blueberry muffin. This is the tough part--I'm nauseous and don't want to eat, but if I don't eat I get more nauseous. I haven't yet thrown up, but today feels pretty darn close.

I told my bestest friends about Baby Cute over the weekend. Cat is thrilled of course and hopes we have a girl so she can pass on some of Gracie and Ally's clothes. Mary Frog Toes wants all of the details as she and Eric are hoping to try for Baby Frog Toes Simons sometime this year or early next. I see Mack tonight and can only imagine what she will name Baby Cute. Luckily, "Chewie" has already been taken. Emily hates babies, so she has not responded to my email and I am not surprised.

David has taken to talking to my belly. I find this absolutely adorable. I don't think I've ever touched my stomach this much.

Yesterday at the baby store I worked with my friend Nadia at baby registry. She is having a girl, due by planned C-section on June 25. I am proud to say Baby Girl kicked me--hard. Her husband has only felt her lightly once and I got the full on--"Hey there! I'm in here!" It made me weepy. I blame becoming pregnant on the baby store. It's in the water. There are six of us that are pregnant on our staff of 40 or so. Crazy. I could also blame David, but it's more fun to blame the baby store.

Speaking of the baby store, here is my latest favorite product. It is the Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing.



I think that's all for right now. We are planning to tell my grandmas this week and my siblings this weekend. I am about to bust!

1 comment:

BoxcatAV said...

You must let me know when this is common knowledge, so I can link your blog to my blog!