Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ready or not, here comes Baby Scott

On Sunday, February 11 at 4:07 a.m. I couldn't sleep. I got up and peed on a stick, knowing I was two weeks late, randomly nauseous and tired to the point of exhaustion.

I tried to convince myself to go back to sleep and just look at the stick in the morning, tried to tell myself that I didn't want to turn on the light. But I did.

Big Fat Plus Sign.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I hugged my cat Runa. I picked up the phone and called my beloved husband David, who was staying at his parents' house 4 hours away.

He thought I had a bad dream, but instead it was the announcement of a good dream we have been patiently waiting and planning for.

We're having a baby.

Our house is apparently a fertile place to live, because Baby Scott is unplanned. We are thrilled and excited and this all feels very surreal. But it's real. I know this because I've taken another two pregnancy tests. We even splurged for the digital model that clearly says--Pregnant.

I see the doctor tomorrow at 9 a.m.

Let the adventure begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all sure I understand this Blog stuff. But I do understand WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GRANDBABY!!!!! I am so excited I can hardley stand it. In my mind I'm continually hugging Natalie, Babycutescott & David. Guess it's a good thing I don't live close to Lansing. It could get crowded.

BoxcatAV said...

Yeah! I can't wait to meet Baby Scott!