Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Risk and free stuff.

A few new and exciting updates...

We met with the nurse at the OB's office yesterday. It was a wonderful experience. We got tons and tons of information and free stuff, which is always cool. Thank goodness for great insurance, as it turns out we pay for NOTHING through the birth experience. Wow, right? The company even pays for our childbirth education classes. Our OB practice actually specialized the curriculum and one of the docs from our practice attends each session for Q&A. They also do all of their own lab work and ultrasounds and dopplers. So convenient! This really helped reinforce our decision to go with Alliance OB/GYN. They also have cool new technology and a schmancy new office with a fireplace and lots of bookshelves of cool books.

I am also officially low risk, which makes me really happy. We got back on March 20 to meet with our official OB--Dr. Lakeeya Tucker. She is about 20 weeks pregnant, but will be back in time to deliver Baby Cute. I'll be 11 weeks and 5 days, so we'll be able to hear Baby Scott's heartbeat.

Baby Cute Scott was serenaded by my good friend Mack when she came to visit on Monday. Luckily, we had already come up with our Baby Cute nickname. Otherwise, she/he was to be named Pesco Bandito the Bandit Scott. Whew! We spent a quiet Monday night with Mack, watching Prison Break and Heroes, my favorite shows. I woke up nauseous (shocker), but after a breakfast of french toast at our local greasy spoon I was off and running to work.

Last night we had the pleasure of telling my Grandmas that we are expecting Baby Scott. They were ADORABLE and funny as all get out. We visited Grandma Natali first. She has great-grandbaby #1, Hannah, in Seattle, but I know her days as an OB nurse's aid will come in handy for us. Grandma was surprised to see us, and we finally had to ask "Are you going to ask us why we came all this way to see you tonight?" before it sunk in. She is thrilled and hugged us both for a long, long time.

And oh, Grandma Ebig. We caused quite a ruckus at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Shattuck as we snuck in and sat with Grandma while she played rounds 9-12 of Tuesday night bingo. She just happened to be sitting next to a very cranky woman who did not want Grandma to talk to us. So we crossed our fingers for Grandma to bingo and tried to keep quiet until the intermission. She asked, "So that's all the news I've got. Do you guys have any news?" When I said yes, she said "You're having a baby!" Grandma Ebig, she's sharp. :) We agreed that she shouldn't cry because it was happy news and then she scooted us out of there so she could win the progressive jackpot.

We finished up our evening by having dinner with my parents at Bob Evans. It was delicious. My Mom and Dad are SO excited, which only makes me more happy and excited. My Dad bounced an imaginary chubby grandbaby on his knee and my Mom asked about dietary restrictions and nursery decorations. It will be so fun to watch them become first-time grandparents.

I slept the whole way home and went right to bed when we got to Kensington. I woke up this morning without the seemingly unending nausea, but now I'm ready to toss my cookies again.

Ugh. Good times with bad stomachs. Keep growing Baby Scott, you're worth it all.

No comments: