Friday, February 16, 2007

Rasberry Baby and Emotional Mommy.

Well the sore boobs and tiredness continue and my nauseau is more frequent and is more easily triggered now by smells. My David came home after trading cars with my parents smelling like cigarette smoke. I almost barfed on him. I also smelled blue cheese yesterday and almost lost my lunch. My body is so funny.

I called in to the baby store and slept from 5-9:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.-6:30 a.m. I do feel more rested, but I'm still tired. Go figure.

David got to experience my first emotional break yesterday as well. I am worried as all get out about seemingly everything. I was feeling very alone and frustrated about so many things. Thank goodness for my David, he listened and let me cry and then calmed me down and made me feel better.

It's true--Everything will be fine, but the most important thing is that the baby is fine. I can't wait to hear Baby Cute's heartbeat.

I made my first OB appointment for next Tuesday. It was a long, hard decision, but we are going to have Baby Cute Scott at Sparrow Hospital. Ingham has pretty equal facilities, but it's much smaller and they don't have all of the bells and whistles that Sparrow does. I agonized over which OB to choose, mainly because there is only one practice in town that has a nurse midwife, but I ended up choosing the other practice that has been recommended by several people. I feel very good about the choice already based on my phone call this morning. They were soooo nice and sooo helpful. They also have a fantastic Web site. I think I can relax about this now.

Here is my latest update from BabyCenter.

Now almost half an inch long — roughly the size of a raspberry — your baby has elbow joints and distinct, slightly webbed fingers and toes. In his oversized head, both hemispheres of his brain are developing. His teeth and the inside of his mouth are forming, and his ears continue to develop. Eyelid folds partially cover his tiny peepers and the tip of that nose you'll be tweaking someday is emerging. His skin is paper-thin, and his veins are clearly visible. Your little one also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. His liver is busy producing red blood cells, and a loop of your baby's growing intestines is bulging into his umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from his tiny body. Your baby still appears to have a small tail (actually, it's an extension of his tailbone), but it will disappear in the next few weeks.

You can't feel his gyrations yet, but your little jumping bean is moving in fits and starts around his watery home.

No comments: