Monday, February 11, 2008

What Happens at Grandma's, Stays at Grandma's

Elliott did great this weekend. Dave and I missed him terribly, but it was refreshing and fun to be "just the two of us" again for a short time. I always say the best part about leaving Elliott is seeing his face light up when we return. He did not disappoint us! Even while he was sleeping on the way home, he would break into a smile just hearing our voices (I know this because I sat next to him in the backseat of the car because I needed to get my fill of looking at his face and holding his hand.)

Wine tasting was delicious and fun. We ate wonderful food and bought several bottles of Michigan wine and enjoyed uninterrupted quality time together. I got sick on Sunday morning around 5am and wanted to curl up into a little ball of misery until about 9am, when I felt amazingly better. Go figure. I have a cold and sore throat now, but I'm not puking anymore, a huge plus.

Dave and I spent a good portion of the drive home talking about how lucky we are and how content and satisfied we are with life in general.

Carolyn and Dave were kind enough to take lots of photos of Elliott while we were gone so we didn't miss anything. We were definitely ready to see Elliott again, but I think Dave and Carolyn would have liked to keep him for another day or more!




5 comments:

CorgiLand said...

awww, who doesn't love spending the weekend with grandma and grandpa?

so when do pap(inater) and gram (cracker) get him???

heck, when do we get him???

didn't anyone teach you to share?

Anonymous said...

so happy you had a great weekend :)
so sad you are sick :(

freerange karma said...

Man, I want to go stay at Dave and Carolyn's, it looks like Elliot had a blast! :)

Alexis said...

Aw, those pictures are just adorable....makes me want to have another one!!!
I think it's so great you guys got away for the weekend just you two...something we have yet to do and Laynie is 16 months old! Elliott (and you guys!) should be so thankful for such involved grandparents.

Laura Waltz said...

I love how often you write in your blog. I really enjoy reading it. Also, it's great that Elliott is just enough older than Parker that I can use all your experience and wise words of wisdom for my benefit! :D

By the way, I love the picture of him in the towel! What a cutie you tow have made!