Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Rainy Photo Shoot.























I have some amazing connections in our adopted hometown of Lansing. From my college friend Becky making her high school friends our newest friends to the talented and innovative public relations and communications professionals that I've met through PRSA and Twitter, I'm just thrilled to be a member of this community.

Elliott gets to enjoy the fruits of those connections as well... Weekly playdates with Becky and her twins, a new swim class through Lansing Parks and Recreation, a weekly nature walk at Fenner Nature Center, outings at Jumpin Jax Bounce Arena and the Michigan 4-H Children's Garden through Lansing Moms Like Me, and this weekend, we got to put the talents of one of my fellow Lansing PR professionals to the test for our family pictures.

It wasn't the clear, cool, sunny fall day I had hoped for, but we had a good time with Andrea Kerbuski. She's more accustomed to photographing brides, who don't move nearly as fast as Elliott, but I think she did a great job. We'll get the full series of photos later this week, hopefully in time to have some developed for the big TWO birthday party on Sunday.