Friday, March 14, 2008

Long time no see.

Warning: TMI post for those of you who don't care about my girly health and well-being.


It's been more than a year since I've had a period. Let me tell you, I didn't miss it. Never once did I think, "Boy, I wish my abdomen would cramp up painfully and I could live with various forms of cotton between my legs to catch a tidal wave of messy bloody fun. And the moods! Oh, how I wish I could get mad at Dave for no reason and think all glasses are half empty and should be smashed into little bits."

This morning I got my period. Shit.

Another benefit of exclusively breastfeeding is that you don't have periods for several months. It gives your body time to heal and keeps your iron levels up after the blood loss that comes along with giving birth. Pretty cool, but my body is ready to have another baby and it just wanted to let me know that it's ready whenever I am.

I AM NOT.

In other news, it was FINALLY warm enough to take Elliott for the after-dinner walk I've been daydreaming about all winter. He is adorable in the outdoors; taking everything in like a little sponge and sitting so still you wonder if he is sleeping! He just clutched his stuffed football and stared at his surroundings and smiled at me whenever I stopped to check and make sure he was with us. He also wanted nothing to do with reclining in any way, shape or form. He wanted to "sit 'em up like a big boy" (as we say) and once he was up and strapped in, he was all about it. The walk gave both of us rosy cheeks and chilly hands, but it was SO worth it.

I'm also excited for the rest of the snow to melt away so we can install Elliott's seat on my new bike and take longer adventures. So much to look forward to.

Elliott did great at Brenda's yesterday. He took two naps for her (more than he ever takes for us!) and ate well and played hard. I'm already ready to pick him up this afternoon and take him to Saginaw to play with Pap and Gram and Uncle Nate and Aunt Larry and Auntie Josephine and Great Grandma Ebig and Great Grandma Natali.

Dave is really excited about this weekend, but was also rather forlorn when I left this morning. It's hard to be away from us, I understand. I miss him already, too.

Ok, ok, I can't give you NOTHING to look at other than words, so here are some videos. Again, I refuse to apologize for my crazy "momspeak," but it also doesn't mean I'm not slightly embarrassed by it. :) ENJOY!




2 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

He must make life SO fun:-)

Nadia, Mike, Jaydan, and Sophia said...

oh my natalie i can't wait to get him and sophie together! he seems like such a blast!