Monday, December 10, 2007

A pinch and a poke.

I'll start with the basics and see if I have time to add any photos... Elliott is sleeping soundly after his visit to the pediatrician this morning.
  • Elliott weighs 13 pounds, 10 ozs. He has the chubby thighs and cheeks to prove it.
  • He is now 24.25 inches long, up an inch in a month.
  • He is in the 93rd percentile for his height and weight and the 75th for his head circumference.
  • He got three shots and did relatively well, considering his temper. A dose of tylenol and a few servings of mommy milk and other than being a little extra sleepy, he seems fine.
  • Elliott was doing so well, that we ventured out to get our Christmas tree today. It was a very memorable experience, as we had to wait for the owner to get back from the grain elevator to bale our tree and the little guy got hungry. Rather than feeding him in the car, the nice lady in the gift shop told us to take over the "Christmas Cafe'," a cute little cabin with coffee and donuts and a fireplace. Dave had a donut while I fed the baby. Then he pooped and we changed him there as well. I have a feeling when we go back next year (which we definitely will), we will not have the run of the place like we did this year. But I will always remember breastfeeding my baby in the Christmas Cafe.
  • Dave successfully put up the lovely tree we purchased. My living room smells lovely.
  • My living room also looks lovely with the new couch and chair in place. It looks like grown-ups live here.

The nap has ended... photos later.

No comments: