Friday, November 9, 2007

SMILE.

Baby Elliott smiled at me today! This evening it's just the two of us; Dave is bartending. I've been coaxing him to smile for a week or so now, but I was still so surprised and excited when his eyes lit up and he grinned at me. I had just fed him and was switching sides to give him more mommy milk, so his first smile was provoked by food. This is no surprise, he is my son.

Elliott is growing very fast. His newborn stuff is officially too small, including his "take me home" outfit that seemed so huge when we brought him home from the hospital. He is averaging about 2 ounces of growth every day and has gained 3 inches since he was born. Yesterday, he weighed in at 10 pounds, 14 ounces. To give you a sense of "average" babies, I had lunch with my friend Heather today. Her three-month old son, Parker, is in the upper 10 pound range as well.

Elliott also did a repeat performance of his last trip to the pediatrician and filled his pants twice while we were in the exam room. He also showered the nurses and the scale when Dave took off his diaper to have him weighed. He also did some spitting up and cooed at Dr. Hoop, so he pulled out all of the stops and showed off all of his baby tricks.

We don't have any plans this weekend, so Dave and I are looking forward to cleaning up the yard and playing with the baby. I hope there are some more smiles to share too! It made my day, my week, heck my LIFE. These moments make motherhood the greatest thing in the world.

He is quickly tiring of "tummy time," so I am going to cut this short and leave you hanging without any pictures today. More later!

2 comments:

CorgiLand said...

NEED A SMILING PICTURE!!!!!
MUST BE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

Diane said...

Your son is adorable! Congratulations!